Amy's 2012-challenge book montage

The Hunger Games
Seven Wonders of the Ancient Middle East
Variant
The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates
Radiant Darkness
Nobody's baby but mine
The Way We Fall
The Darkening Field
The Future of Us
The 10 Most Remarkable Writers
Monster
Call Me Irresistible
Numbers
Crossed
Dateline: Troy
Reality Check
The Vespertine
Eighth Grade Bites
Tomorrow, When the War Began


Amy S.'s favorite books »
}

Friday, April 6, 2007

Bad Weather


















The weather is soooooo bad! We went from a high in the 70's to below freezing. A freeze warning has been in effect for 3 days now, and the temp will stay below freezing until Sunday. It is currently snowing outside. I am so upset. My daffodils continued to bloom so well until the cold weather came in. Now they are all drooping to the ground. I am most worried about my tulips. I could see the red buds inside them, now all those too are drooping to the ground. I'm afraid they will be ruined and I won't get to see them bloom. In the picture you can see two daffodil blooms. Before the cold weather hit there were probalby 25 in bloom, and in between them are the unbloomed red tulips. I really hope they don't die. I want to see those tulips!!!



















Also of concern are my hostas that I planted in my shade garden. This area has complete shade until around 3:00 in the afternoon. I know that hostas do very well in this type of light, so I planted 6 that I bought on sale at Meijer. I also planted some bare root hostas in this garden too. Unfortunately, a hard freeze that we have gotten will kill hostas once they are leafed out like this. I covered them with buckets but they were already shriveled and slimy looking. I checked on them this afternoon and they still didn't look great, but I'm still hoping they will be OK. I put the buckets back on them. Today is Friday, and the weather won't make it safe to keep them uncovered until at least Monday afternoon. Lesson learned is not to plant too early in the season! I was just so anxious to plant because it is a very rewarding and enjoyable hobby.

No comments: