Amy's 2012-challenge book montage

The Hunger Games
Seven Wonders of the Ancient Middle East
Variant
The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates
Radiant Darkness
Nobody's baby but mine
The Way We Fall
The Darkening Field
The Future of Us
The 10 Most Remarkable Writers
Monster
Call Me Irresistible
Numbers
Crossed
Dateline: Troy
Reality Check
The Vespertine
Eighth Grade Bites
Tomorrow, When the War Began


Amy S.'s favorite books »
}

Saturday, April 28, 2007

New pictures finally ready


My daffodils made a beautiful centerpiece for the kitchen table. I just loved it.








April has seen some crazy weather. We experienced a deep freeze for about a week which destroyed my hostas. I tried covering them up, but they still froze. I read up about hostas and learned that I should cut the leaves back to the crown, and hopefully they will regrow.







Today I spent about 2 hours weeding the "shade garden" where I planted the hostas. It looks much better now than it does in this picture. The grass in the mulch is gone, unfortunately, I think the hostas are goners too. We'll see.




On a happier note, despite the freezes, and then the SNOW, my tulips and daffodils bloomed and were just beautiful. The daffodils are done blooming now, but the red tulips are going strong. Just look at these pictures!

They turned out so pretty, despite the fluctuating weather. We would have 70 degree days and 50 degree nights, followed by 30 degree days and nightly lows in the teens.

No comments: