Amy's 2012-challenge book montage

The Hunger Games
Seven Wonders of the Ancient Middle East
Variant
The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates
Radiant Darkness
Nobody's baby but mine
The Way We Fall
The Darkening Field
The Future of Us
The 10 Most Remarkable Writers
Monster
Call Me Irresistible
Numbers
Crossed
Dateline: Troy
Reality Check
The Vespertine
Eighth Grade Bites
Tomorrow, When the War Began


Amy S.'s favorite books »
}

Saturday, December 10, 2011

I Finally Finished HUNGER

So I finally finished Hunger.  It seemed to take forever, but really I was only reading it for about a week.  It was OK, I've decided that I probably won't continue on reading the series.  There are 2 more books available, and a 5th is coming.  I might pick up the 5th book just to see how things are wrapped out.  Will the kids make it out of the FAYZ?  Is there even a world outside of the FAYZ?  What happened to everyone over age 15?  Unfortunately you don't find out the answers to these questions even after the 4 books (I know because I checked online).


Now I am reading book called Wreath by Judy Christie.  I am really liking it.  It is about a girl who lives alone in a junkyard after her mother dies from cancer.  The girl, Wreath, does not trust the social services, and does not want to go to foster care.  She finds a job working for a lonely widow, and makes a few friends while finishing her senior year of high school.  The book is an easy, fast read, and I am enjoying reading about the resourceful main character, Wreath.  I 'll probably finish it this weekend.

No comments: