Amy's 2012-challenge book montage

The Hunger Games
Seven Wonders of the Ancient Middle East
Variant
The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates
Radiant Darkness
Nobody's baby but mine
The Way We Fall
The Darkening Field
The Future of Us
The 10 Most Remarkable Writers
Monster
Call Me Irresistible
Numbers
Crossed
Dateline: Troy
Reality Check
The Vespertine
Eighth Grade Bites
Tomorrow, When the War Began


Amy S.'s favorite books »
}

Monday, December 12, 2011




It's Monday!  What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

OK, so I finished Wreath, and really enjoyed it.  I like a book that makes me feel, and I felt sorry for Wreath at the same time that I admired her strength of character.  It is marketed as an inspirational book, and that is just how I found it to be.  It was inspirational without being preachy at all.  I have tried to read love inspired and christian romance novels before, and don't really care for them.  But this one is a good one, and I would be willing to try more by this author.  I also loved Heart of Stone and Heart of Lies (different author whose name escapes me at the moment) which were not written for YA, but were excellent stories that were not too heavy into religion. 

Anyhoo, now it is Monday again, and I am reading the fourth book in the Percy Jackson series, Battle of the Labyrinth, by Rick Riordan.  I didn't really like number 3 The Titan's Curse very well, and so have waited a while before trying book 4.  I'll give a brief review after I finish it.



No comments: