Amy's 2012-challenge book montage

The Hunger Games
Seven Wonders of the Ancient Middle East
Variant
The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates
Radiant Darkness
Nobody's baby but mine
The Way We Fall
The Darkening Field
The Future of Us
The 10 Most Remarkable Writers
Monster
Call Me Irresistible
Numbers
Crossed
Dateline: Troy
Reality Check
The Vespertine
Eighth Grade Bites
Tomorrow, When the War Began


Amy S.'s favorite books »
}

Monday, December 5, 2011

It's Monday

So yesterday I forgot to mention that it was my youngest son's 8th birthday!  I can't believe that my baby is 8.  My kids are growing up way too fast.

Today is Monday, so it's time for my new meme:



It's Monday!  What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

I am reading the book Hunger by Michael Grant.  It is the second book in the Gone series.  It is pretty good.  Some cool things are starting to happen.  My favorite characters are Caine and Diana, even though they are villains.  They are more interesting to me than the heroes.  This book is kind of like William Golding's Lord of the Flies.  All of the adults disappear one day, and only children ages 14 and under remain within a centralized location the kids name the FAYZ.  It definitely has a lot of sci fi elements going on with mutants and evil creatures.  It is a neat world.  The only thing I don't really like is that sometimes the writing seems ponderous and heavy.  It just doesn't flow like some stories do.  But the plot is interesting, so I plan to finish it and continue on with the series.  I recommend it, but don't like it as much as some of the other books I've read recently.

No comments: