Amy's 2012-challenge book montage

The Hunger Games
Seven Wonders of the Ancient Middle East
Variant
The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates
Radiant Darkness
Nobody's baby but mine
The Way We Fall
The Darkening Field
The Future of Us
The 10 Most Remarkable Writers
Monster
Call Me Irresistible
Numbers
Crossed
Dateline: Troy
Reality Check
The Vespertine
Eighth Grade Bites
Tomorrow, When the War Began


Amy S.'s favorite books »
}

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Very Busy Weekend

So I haven't done any reading at all this weekend, which is very unusual for me.  But my brother Andy and his wife Marci and 4 kids have been staying at my house all weekend.  They are here visiting from Washington, and it has been so great to have them here!  Lots of fun playing cards and catching up, but no time for reading.

 Before they arrived though I finished the book Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr.  I loved it.  It was a great book, and not what I typically read.  I'm a high school librarian, and I call these types of books "teen issues" books.  I much prefer reading YA fantasy such as the Chaos Walking trilogy or the Hunger Games books.  But every once in a while I read a "teen issues" book and enjoy it.  This one is definitely one I will recommend.

I did have some time tonight to visit all of my favorite book blogs though, and have decided to try a meme for the coming year on my blog.  Here it is:



So I will try to post each Monday what book I am reading and my thoughts about it.  My reviews are pretty generic (as you can tell by my lame review of Story of a Girl.)  I'll probably just say whether I'm loving a book, like it OK, or don't really like it much, but want to find out how it ends.  When that happens I tend to just skim the rest of the book.  I used to never abandon books or skim them, but I've found I have less time now to be reading something that I don't enjoy.  So if the book isn't a good fit for me, I have no problem stopping reading it.  There are too many books I want to read to spend time reading something that I'm not enjoying.

No comments: